Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness



Label: EnemiesList
Released: 2008
Style: Post-Punk, Experimental, Shoegaze, Industrial

"So, what does or did "Deathconsciousness" teach me? Is it that records simply can surprise me or that when critical acclaim isn't applied that I have to clearly generate some to overstuff an average album? Is it that Have a Nice Life is a complete emotional replica of my current situation and that the overwhelming melancholy and despair of the album is part of my inner being? No, I don't really think there is anything that can be said about this record besides the fact that it is stunningly personal. In turn, it made me want to make this review stunningly personal, and that is what "Deathconsciousness" essentially did: inspire me. This record is draining, it is intelligent, it is an amazing composition, but most of all it is an inspiring, subdued lo-fi masterpiece that almost perfects the idea of home recording. The group of people involved with the production and creation of this record have shown through their music that they have no pretensions and are just trying to share what they've done with people that they think will appreciate it. Maybe in a sense, that is what my goal in music criticism is all about: to help similar-minded people find similarly enjoyable things. A simple concept brought to mind by a simple record." - Sputnikmusic

Tracklisting:

Disc 1: The Plow That Broke The Plains

1. A Quick One Before the Eternal Worm Devours Connecticutt
2. Bloodhail
3. The Big Gloom
4. Hunter
5.Telephony
6. Who Would Leave Their Son Out In The Sun
7. There Is No Food

Disc 2: The Future

1. Waiting For Black Metal Records to Come in the Mail
2. Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000
3. Deep, Deep
4. The Future
5. I Don't Love
6. Earthmover


Link (Disc 1)
Link (Disc 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts